Document Management Link for Sage 300
Document Management Link for Sage 300 allows you to attach multiple files and documents to Sage 300 (Accpac) fields by drag and drop from within Sage 300, saved to either Microsoft SharePoint or an accessible file server. Documents saved in SharePoint or accessible file server can also be viewed from Sage 300 - when saved in the configured place. Your documents can be linked to most fields, e.g. invoices, orders, expense claims, delivery documents, account information, journal entries. This gives an economical document management system without a high cost.
Gain rapid access to your documents through your existing Sage 300 screens. Document Management Link puts the information where you can find it, when you need it. Use it to support all processes which require supporting documentation. If you use SharePoint you can benefit from its collaboration and security features and initiate workflows for document notification and approval.
Document Management Link is part of the Information Manager suite of productivity tools from Orchid.
- Improved customer service - essential documents easily accessed and found.
- Documents always available - not on other users' desks, or lost.
- Improved productivity - no more hunting, with easy access to documents.
- Improved operations - with supporting documents linked to the right record.
- Improved multi-site operations - access in Sage 300 ERP, no need to distribute hard copies.
- Improved security - with SharePoint's security and controlled access and ease of backup (when used with SharePoint).
- Ensures information is shared and not lost.
- Reduced paper storage - why keep more and more paper?
- Reduced costs - from copying, printing, consumables and keeping multiple copies.
How it works
When the user views any masterfile or reference field in Sage 300, if documents are linked to the field contents, a screen opens to reveal them. From this screen you can View and Open one or more documents, and Add more documents. To add documents, users can add them on the go, from within Sage 300, or add them from SharePoint or to an accessible file server location. The link to the Sage 300 Data is created automatically by virtue of saving the document in the right location.
Microsoft SharePoint Workflows. With SharePoint you can also trigger workflows for approval, multi user approval, feedback and custom workflows. Addition of a document initiates any SharePoint workflow set up.
Typical documents linked include:
- Customer Purchase Orders, Delivery documents, Supplier Invoices
- Despatch Advices, Shipping Advices, Bills of Lading, Air Waybills
- Customs, quarantine and inspection documents
- Contracts, Tenders, Collection documents
- Product specifications, Legal documents
- Other supplier and customer documentation
- Link to one document or a group of related documents, e.g. all invoices for vendor Y, or specific invoice.
- Directory of linked documents shows in Sage 300 screen.
- Find document and open it without leaving Sage 300.
- Add linked documents from within Sage 300.
- Show linked documents in Sage 300 that were previously filed in SharePoint or the file server.
- Link documents to up to two fields, e.g. vendor and branch, to filter selection.
- Integrates with Orchid Notes to show both Notes and Document, i.e. brief and longer.
- Builds on your existing scanning and document capture systems.
- Allows users to be configured as Document Management Link users, so sites running Orchid Notes and Document Management Link can specify at a user level which users are DML users.
- Integrates with SharePoint 2013.
- Operates with all Sage 300 modules and third party modules developed in the SDK.
- Developed in the Sage 300 SDK, with its look and feel, security, customization capabilities, data integrity checking and more.
See it in action!